Newcore wins alternatives team of the year 2019
December 20, 2019
Newcore Capital Management is delighted to announce that it has won the coveted Alternatives Team of the Year award at the 2019 Property Awards.
Newcore’s managing director, Hugo Llewelyn, was presented with the award, which was sponsored by NovaLoca, in front of more than 1,200 people at the Grosvenor House Hotel on 24 April. The Property Awards, in its 24th year, is the property industry’s largest awards ceremony, recognising and rewarding the very best companies, teams and individuals.
Newcore was chosen by a panel of judges for the quality of its work in 2018, which included:
- Delivering outstanding performance from its three existing funds and longstanding family office, Newcombe Estates
- Launching its fourth fund, the £100m NSS IV LP, the first institutional real estate fund to focus on social infrastructure, accommodation and storage assets
- Securing a third family office mandate, Apperley Properties Ltd
- Expanding the size of the team by a third to 12
- Carrying out a number of charitable regeneration initiatives, which included providing pro bono development advice in one of the UK’s most deprived estates, Blackbird Leys in Oxford
Hugo Llewelyn, Managing Director of Newcore, said: “’We are really pleased to have won such an important award and very grateful for the recognition we have received here. When I set up the company in 2011, I was convinced that focusing on “new core” alternative asset classes linked to social infrastructure, accommodation and storage was a rational investment strategy. This award recognises the hard work and ability of our team, as well as the deep support of our investors and clients”.